Job Title: Renewable Energy - West Africa
- GE's Renewable Energy Sales Manager for Wind and Solar will be responsible for obtaining orders and sales by driving and implementing commercial strategy.
- This critical leadership position will be counted on to grow GE's Renewable Power business in West Africa.
- Work with customers to determine appropriate product/service solutions to solve their challenges and grow their business
- Cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations
- Contribute to defining and implementing marketing strategies to increase orders volume and profitability
- Establish a systematic business-scouting program with the purpose of identifying existing and new market opportunities
- Leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize market penetration
- Work closely with Country Executives to understand the broad GE strategy and key business objectives
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Administration
- Power/Energy industry experience, ideally with a focus in Wind Turbines
- 7-10 years of direct and strategic sales
- Project Development experience in the Power sector
- Ability to structure, price, negotiate and close infrastructure deals
- Track record for driving growth and generating new customers
- Customer-centric mind-set, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Collaborative; able to interface with both internal team members and external partners as part of a solution-based process
- Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Open to extensive travel
- English language fluency (oral/ written)
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) Nigerians only.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.
- Demonstrated success developing medium - large infrastructure projects
- Project analysis, feasibility study, and detailed design - commercial closure
- Strong complex project management skills; PMP certification preferred
- Project finance experience, with demonstrated aptitude in and economic modelling / pro-forma analysis
- Experience with evaluating, negotiating and closing contracts
- MBA qualification or Master’s Degree equivalent
- Minimum of 7+ years’ hands-on experience in the power generation sector, with a deep understanding of legal documentation evaluation
- Understanding of various financing products and structures, including loans, leases, partnerships and equity investments