- To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master's degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
Candidates will be given:
- KRW 20,000(per month) on Medical Insurance
- KRW 200,000 for Resettlement Allowance
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants who have previously enrolled in a university in Korea are not eligible to apply to the KGSP program.
- Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a KGSP scholar who has graduated can apply for this program again only via the embassy and only if he/she holds a TOPIK score of at least Level 4 and obtains another recommendation from the Korean Embassy of his/her respective country of origin (re-application is limited to one instance).
CLICK HERE to apply and for more information