Job Title: Senior Software Engineer PIC
- As Senior Software Engineer PIC, you develop software for prototypes or customer-specific tire building machines.
- Depending on your personal interests and experiences we decide together with you which department you want to start.
- You also work on the further development of our standard product range.
- You work in a multidisciplinary engineering team and together with the Project Leader set the functional specifications.
- As a software engineer you are responsible for translating the functional design to the technical design.
- You make an estimate of the complexity of a project and you are involved from the proposal process through delivery to the customer.
- From your vision of the overall machine you write the software and test the machines. In addition, you commission the machines at the customer.
R&D – Tyre Building Passenger
- VMI is the global market leader in the field of machinery for the tire industry.
- To maintain and strengthen this leading position, we constantly seek opportunities to make our machines even better.
- Think of faster, more accurate, and responsive to the latest developments at our customers. "Hands off, eyes off" is the standard, so robots and vision systems are recurring themes.
- The R&D Passenger Tire Department constantly seeks and pushes the limits of what is technically feasible. About 100 colleagues are committed to this daily.
- At VMI, the Order Engineering –Tire Building Department is responsible for customer-specific modifications of MAXX and EXXIUM tire building machines so that they can be optimally deployed in the customer's production process.
- From the start of a project, Order Engineering is involved in determining the technical design based on customer requirements.
- Once the design is determined, the various production and test documents are prepared within the Department.
- During the production and test phase, Order Engineering provides technical support.
- During the installation at the customer, we are present to support the validation of the project. Order Engineering – Tire Building is the technical linchpin which ensures that the VMI machines can be deployed successfully at the customer.
- Dutch HTS/WO in the direction of Electrical (control technology, electrotechnology or industrial automation), or equivalent;
- At least seven years' experience in equipment manufacturing or machine construction;
- Experience with one or more PLC/SCADA systems, such as Siemens S7, WinCC, Allen Bradley, ControlLogix, PanelView;
- Extensive experience in functional specification and translation to technical design;
- Abstract thinking ability and ability to think in terms of processes;
- Experience with lean is a plus;
- Good command of Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel.
- A challenging position with a global market leader in machine construction;
- Abundant opportunity for personal initiative;
- A strong corporate product portfolio that has great potential in international markets;
- A friendly and professional working environment;
- The opportunity to broaden your talents in an international organization;
- Ample training opportunities;
- Excellent terms of employment and a wonderful traffic-free living and working environment.
Location: Epe, Lagos