General Electric Company(NYSE: GE) is a global digital industrial company. The Company's products and services range from aircraft engines, power generation and oil and gas production equipment to medical imaging, financing and industrial products.works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining.
Job Title: Tax Operations Leader
- The role will focus mainly developing a proper tax compliance framework for the businesses operating in Nigeria.
- Candidate will also support tax operations across sub-Sahara Africa as required
- Understanding the operations of the business, policies & procedures, and accounting records to ensure correct and timely compliance with tax legislation.
- Assist with the preparation and/or review of corporate income, value-added-tax, withholding tax, consumption tax, payroll tax reconciliation and/or stamp duty returns prior to filing with tax authorities.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of corporate income tax estimates to ensure that provisional/advance tax payments are accurate.
- Perform controllership tax checks including reconciliation of all tax liabilities in terms of tax assessments received from the revenue authorities with tax returns filed and deal with discrepancies.
- Assist with tax audits and work with external tax advisors where required.
- Preparation of correspondence for queries/disputes with revenue authorities.
- Attend operational pulsing calls and summarize key achievement, next steps to the team.
- Participate in the enhancement of ERP systems to facilitate tax compliance.
- Identify risk areas which can impact on the timely and accurate compliance with tax laws and use the appropriate communication channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues.
- Bachelors degree in Business/ Finance/ Accounting/Tax
- 3 Years in finance
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Nigerian tax system including the local documentation and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of Nigerian GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Wanting to work in a dynamic environment with a positive attitude towards change.
- Ability to learn quickly the internal business processes and apply tax knowledge in the preparation of tax returns.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the accounting, corporate, VAT and business tax and finance teams.
- Strong PC skills, experience with ERP and reporting systems.
- Willing to travel throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- MBA / MSc in Finance desired
- University level degree and GE FMP graduate
- Corporate Finance skills required