Job Title: Supply Assistant
- Serves as contact person to facilitate Lagos Field Office supply planning process.
- Support to Lagos Field Office programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of Purchase requisition and Sales orders
- Support NCO supply section in market survey by recommending potential vendors
- Prepares bidding documents, drafts CRC submissions, raise PO, sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions in compliant to financial rules
- Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc), circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO
- Researches into the market and intranet to ensure adequate price information, realistic DATs are set in the planning stages.
- Liaison with all sections in the FO to ensure the supply plan is in place and collated before the end of first quarter.
- Ensure all collated supply plan are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.
- Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc), circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO:
- Monitors all LTA with Lagos vendors to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions of the LTAs
- Supports NCO to circulate bids and POs to Lagos vendors and follow up on pending deliveries to ensure to avoid late deliveries
- Prepares performance evaluation of LTA holders
- Interact with Programme / operation Sections in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e. Supply Requisitions and Sales orders - accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic DATs and coding in line with Supply Manual
- Undertakes reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for GIT (goods in transit) updates, monitoring of Contracts for closure, etc
- Researches into the open market and intranet to pre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensuring adequate records of these vendors for NCO consideration.
- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors
- Analyzing vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend non performing vendors to the Supply and Logistic Manager for appropriate action.
- Prepares bidding documents (e.g RFQ/RFP, ITB) circulation of same to UNICEF registered vendors, conducts bid opening in liaison with supervisor and other sections, bid tabulation, draft CRC submission and raise PO.
- Monitoring POs to ensure UNICEF obtains delivery promptly and according to the set DATs
- Conducts pre-delivery inspection of high value POs as per supply manual and NCO supply SoP. Documenting the results and filing them appropriately
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on status of PO and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of performance indicators.
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the Supply Assistant to the section would facilitates the timely delivery of supply component to the overall UNICEF Nigeria programme in Nigeria, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF's capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Drive for result
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
- Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in functional and technical area of supply, procurement and contracting is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of one UN language the local language of the duty station, an asset.
8th November, 2016.