Job Title: Volunteer Communications Assistant
- Assist the Communications Officer and Program Coordinator in carrying out functions as assigned
- Identify and effectively communicate project success by developing success stories and articles
- Update and maintain Active Voices’ social media platforms and blog
- Engage with mainstream media (electronic and print) to increase Active Voices’ visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing)
- Design and Assist to compile technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Develop press release and manage press for public interviews
- Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Experience in Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, WordPress, Photography with ability to use graphics)
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Knowledge of relevant publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator,
- Knowledge of Graphic Design – CorelDraw and Infographic Development
- Prior Volunteer Experience
3rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae in ONLY one attachment (PDF document) explaining suitability for the job by sending an email to: email@example.com
- Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to include functional contact details as well as contact information for at least two referees in the curriculum vitae.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.