Job Title: Agribusiness Advisor
- This is a speculative role contingent upon the approval of Funding.
- The Agribusiness Advisor will develop sustainable and market oriented programmes for farmer groups.
- He/she will design, facilitate, coach and mentor farmer groups on business development and ensure that they have the right business philosophy, develop a business plan targeting their desired market, and have adequate skills to meet the market needs.
- Ultimately the role will contribute to local farmers winning more contracts and employing more people, therefore ensuring farming benefits more local people in the three communities in Niger State where VSO is based.
- You have a university Degree or equivalent in Development Policy and or Agribusiness related disciplines (agriculture economics, agribusiness administration, public administration, agriculture policy)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in agribusiness, and/or value chain and market access related, and/or analysis/research of agribusiness and/or socio-economic development projects.
- Hands on experience in supporting the development of farmers’ and their groups’ services. Experience in planning and assessment of extension service components, basic understanding of business operations and various areas of business as well as skills in training and facilitation.
Location: Niger State