Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
- To participate in preparation / review of technical specifications, evaluation of bids, design development processes, plan approval, visits to shipyards during construction and commissioning, attending factory acceptance tests and sea trials.
- To prepare with Project Engineer alternative decisions and recommendations on systems, equipment, contractors and methods for beneficial use in place of obsolete, unreliable or less efficient systems/subjects on the customer’s vessels. Analyze and advise on vessel operating parameters to identify inefficient machinery, hull condition, bunker and lubricant consumption and take prompt action so as to limit any further deterioration.
- Ensure that the customer is guided to the most effective route for bringing the ships into service and ensuring the limitation of cost during lay-up.
- Provide expert guidance to other departments in the Shipping Division concerned with the chartering of the vessels on technical aspects for most benefit to the Group/ Provide Technical advice and support. In liaison with the Project Engineer, assist the Fleet Manager to co-ordinate and produce all out of service repair and refit specifications, and liaise with procurement department to ensure that necessary equipment is ordered, arrange specialist contractors, review and finalize Yard tender analysis document.
- Ensure and monitor the application of international, national and classification society rules and regulations which apply or are proposed for application to LNG carriers and how they affect ship designs and operation
23rd December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org