They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
Job Title: Associate Intern
- You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations.
- You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- Associate Interns receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your first few weeks as an intern.
- Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
- While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful.
- For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
- Advanced graduate degree in progress and excellent academic record required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel