With its headquarters in Nigeria, the company has a global footprint with offices spread across Europe, America and Asia, and is positioning to be a leading and trusted brand.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
- The company is seeking to hire an experienced and goal driven Chief Operating Officer who will form part of the executive team and take responsibility for the company’s operations and functions.
- The COO will report directly to the CEO and will be primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the business.
- The role will require a combination of strong commercials, sales and marketing skills as well as business development skills for a shipping and logistics firm.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regards to all commercial, operational, organization and financial functions.
- Development and implementation of the assigned operations.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics that enhance Company's ability to achieve its corporate mission and execute on its aggressive strategic growth plans.
- Develop budgets, short & long-term plans for departments, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of each business unit are in place.
- Manage the corporate sales pipeline across the business divisions.
- Ensure the corporate balance scorecard is achieved. Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators for all business units.
- Contract planning, negotiations and compilation; preparation and review of bids and ensures conformity to tender requirements.
- Lead and inspire the management team towards the set goals and objectives.
- Plan, organize, lead, manage and control the activities of all business operations designated by the CEO.
- Promote the values of the company and cultivate a culture that supports the work ethics of the organization.
- Oversee and provide commercial support to project management throughout the contract cycle.
- Lead the sales and marketing teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating crossfunctional decisions both for the Oil & Gas and Global Forwarding Division, which will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives
- Proven managerial experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held at least 5 years’ senior management role preferably in a shipping, logistics company or Oil and Gas firm.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
25th November, 2016