Job Title: Consultant - International Development, Public Sector
- We are looking for experienced consultants to act as change / sector transformation agents to work on our on-going and anticipated international economic development programs in Africa/Asia in the area of energy, infrastructure, education, health, agriculture, as well as private sector development, among others.
- This is an exciting opportunity for specialists with proven track record of delivering impact on major sector transformation initiatives to be at the delivery front of major public sector transformation programs within the international economic development portfolio.
- Our countries of impact currently include: Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Myanmar, and we aim at expanding our reach to other countries in Africa and Asia.
- We are looking exceptional consultants with strategy consultancy experience looking for opportunity to drive transformational change on the ground, and who are passionate about public/social sector work in Africa and Asia.
- On a typical project, you may be the part of the technical or management team, and work with the project teams and senior leadership on a day to day basis to lead the work on the ground and engage with the client as well as other stakeholders in the country.
- Depending on the experience, you may serve as main point of contact between the client in the country and McKinsey team.
- You will closely work with McKinsey country offices and McKinsey senior leadership, and will be responsible for management, oversight, and reporting of performance in meeting the activity undertakings on the ground.
- Together with McKinsey leadership, you will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems while ensuring operational and project integrity as well as impact.
- BA or Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Additional degree in relevant discipline would be an asset
- Fluent English Experience in project management and client engagement
- Previous experience in a top tier strategy consulting
- Proven track record of delivering impact on major sector transformation initiatives
- Experience working on donor funded international development programs (DFID, WB, USAID) would be an advantage Interest in international development and public sector
- Strong management and coordination skills
- Proven experience of managing relationships in complex organizations Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- High-level communications and people skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We will only contact eligible candidates and ask that you do not call to check on the status of your application. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.