Job Title: Country Office Manager
- To be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing essential HR, IT, Information Management and administrative and operational systems within a country to enable the team to function smoothly and effectively.
- Proactively taking responsibility for making things work, for example managing the relationship and performance of external suppliers.
- To provide travel support as required to staff and visitor.
- Responsible for provision of Tier 1 HR, IT and administrative support. Usually a member of the country leadership team.
- The role is positioned in the Business Administration, HR & IT role family. Based within a country the main focus of the role is to ensure effective implementation of core HR, Admin and operations function within the Country office and Christian Aid as a whole.
- There may be some travel within the country and region / division required.
- Compliance with Christian Aid policies, procedures and standards especially in the areas of HR, IT, Information Management, Administration and general operational systems.
- Effective and efficient business operational systems in place throughout the office and for managing relationships with partners and external suppliers.
- High quality advice and support provided to staff and (sometimes) partners in the financial management of programmes. (May not be applicable in all roles).
- Tier 1 HR & IT support, including legal, office environment and health and safety, managing contracts, local procurement and first line technical support
- Support external suppliers working to agreed service level agreements through effective relationship management.
- External: The role will also be required to manage relationships with external suppliers
- Internal: The role is line managed by the Country Manager. The role holder will have contact with the Regional HR Advisor, Regional IT Officer. The role works closely with internal systems staff (IT, HR and Divisional Support team)
- To make day to day decisions to ensure the core business systems within a country are functioning effectively and efficiently.
- To make decisions in order to proactively change systems to improve performance and comply with Christian Aid strategies, policies and procedures.
- To make decisions based on specialist knowledge of country IT, Health and Safety, HR or finance systems.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems.
- Developing self and others:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner.
- Degree in Business Studies/Business Administration, Social sciences or any other related area.
- 3-5 year experience setting up and managing Human resources, Administration, IT and operations in an NGO with supervisory responsibilities
- Proven and demonstrable understanding/experience in Human Resources, Office Administration/operations
- Good working knowledge and experience using HR soft ware, Microsoft office application
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in Nigerian employment law, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and creating and maintaining training programs of such.
- Excellent Negotiation and representation skills
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organisational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection or training and development
- Self motivated and with an ability to manage a wider range of complicated issues.
- Experience of security procedures
- Self motivated and with an attention to detail
- Experience in local and international security protocols
- Competency profile
11 November 2016
Click here to view more information (pdf)