Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
Qualification and Experience
The right Candidate for the job must possess:
- At least a good Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying not below Second Class Honours Lower Division, from a recognized institution;
- Evidence of registration with the relevant professional bodies;
- Ability to perform within the University System;
- At least 20 years post-qualification cognate experience in Physical Planning for Engineers, Planners and Quantity Surveyors or 17 years for Architects;
- Ability to give direction to the complementary functions of the entire arms of the Physical Planning Directorate;
- A good and practical knowledge of Computer applications.
- The right candidate can also be a professionally qualified and experienced officer not below the rank of a Deputy Director of Physical Planning with at least 4 years' experience on the post.
- The right candidates for this position must have verifiable track record of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency, ability to work in a team and be able to function with minimum supervision.
- In addition, the preferred candidates must possess excellent communication skills, and be in good health to be able to sustain the demands of the office.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as generally applicable in the Nigerian University System, the Public Service of Nigeria and as may, from time to time, be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- CONTISS 15 (N2,886,591.00 - N2,875,791.00) P.A
5th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Ten (10) typewritten copies of their application letters, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone No.
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates where applicable)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates where applicable)
- Work Experience, General and Specific Experiences (With dates)
- Present Employment, status, Salary (Detailing work schedule)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Address of Three Referees.
The Referees should forward their Reference Reports on the candidate under confidential cover directly to:
The RegistrarApplicants are advised to write boldly at the left hand cover of the envelopes containing their applications, the position to which they are responding to. All applications should be addressed to the;
University of Uyo
Akwa Ibom State.
University of Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State,
- Please note that late applications will NOT be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to the interview should bring along with them originals of their credentials.