BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Area Records Management Coordinator
- To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Legal & External Affairs Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness.
- This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and maintained at all times in the Nigeria Area. Training and education including induction of employees at all levels within the organisation on the RMP principles, policies and procedures.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings in English.
- Organises conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and maintained always in the Nigeria Area.
- Training and education including induction of employees at all levels within the organisation on the RMP principles, policies and procedures
KCC Reports, Audit spot checks and Compliance
- Conduct spot checks to ensure compliance of the RM policy is maintained.
- Implement the audit KCC RMP Action points in the Nigeria Area and prepare the RAC report on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for distribution and collection of compliance statements from functions to be signed by the HOF and ensure all original compliance statements are sent to the Legal Counsel, Compliance.
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes i.e Legal, Audit and Tax review team for audit purposes.
- Create set up and manage RM storage facilities in the Nigeria Area sites and ensure Records Management Storage Database in the depositories are in line with the BAT global storage policy standards.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area Records comply with the legal requirements on taxation, employee health and benefits, financial records, legal contracts, etc. in force in the Nigeria Area
- Training and Review Meetings and Manage Schedules, Control lists, etc
- Assist the Legal Counsel and Records Management Coordinators in implementing the RMP
- Ensure Training and advice is provided to Nigeria Area office employees at all levels within the organization with regards to RMP and introduce RM induction programme to new recruits
- Assist the Records Management Coordinators in producing the Nigeria Area office schedules and training
- Develop new material to promote a better understanding of the RMP for all staff within the Nigeria Area offices and update the RM Material including the Manual and Handbook. Ensuring that the Control List and RM Procedures are up to date and communicated.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area offices Retention Schedules are maintained to ensure Functional Compliance in accordance with the Group policy on Records Management
- Relationship with Records Management Coordinators, Review Teams, etc
- Develop good working relationship across the Nigeria Area with all the Records Management Coordinators and Legal Counsel in order to promote Records Management principles, policies and procedures
- Work very closely with the Records Management Review team comprising of Legal, Audit and Tax to ensure records are dealt with in accordance with RM policy guidelines.
- Act as the link between the Nigeria Area offices.
Records Management Projects
- Execute recommended projects in Nigeria Area offices sites to align the Area with Global BAT Policy e.g. archiving systems and databases, Project Armour (Electronic RM system which will soon be introduced to the Nigeria Area) and act as a focal point for RM in Nigeria Area offices.
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Applicants must possess very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The job also demands a person with excellent interpersonal & communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.
- BSc/BA Degree
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels within the organisation
- High level of literacy and attention to detail
- Close working relationship with employees in particular the Legal department, Records Management Coordinators and Functional Heads
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Area offices organisation and management structures
- Strong IT skills
- Strong people management skills – able to influence people and conduct training session either one-on-one or group
- Project Management skills
30th November, 2016