Job Title: Executive Assistant
- To provide administrative support to the UK Government’s Trade Director for West Africa, based in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos.
- Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, the continent’s largest oil producer and population coupled with long-established cultural and commercial links with the UK. It has huge long-term economic potential with vast natural resources and a young and growing population.
- As a result Nigeria offers a wide and growing range of business opportunities, especially in the oil and gas sector but increasingly in areas such as renewable energy, infrastructure and agriculture. Current trade figures are good but we want to do better.
- As part of the British Government’s commitment to increasing UK exports worldwide to £1 trillion by 2020, the Department for International Trade Nigeria, with offices in both Lagos and Abuja, is developing a trade strategy to identify and better tap into this vast potential and increase trade between the UK and Nigeria.
- The Nigeria team is also shifting to a regional approach, working with trade colleagues in Ghana, Guinea, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal to maximise the trading relationship with the UK across West Africa.
- We are looking for a highly organised person with a strong attention to detail, ability to take the initiative, work accurately within deadlines and with limited supervision, and be a strong team member who works collaboratively.
- Day-to-day management of the Director’s diary and activities;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the wider DIT team; and
- Manage the Secretariats of the Breakfast British Group, the British Business Action Group and the OneHMG Group
- Work very closely with the Director to ensure their time is focused on priority activity and contacts, delegating to the rest of the team as appropriate;
- Ensure the Director’s schedule is well organised, time-efficient and logistically realistic;
- Book travel and other engagements as required;
- Organise events being hosted by the Director;
- Provide support and assistance to the Deputy Director and wider trade team;
- Lead on specific strands of work as directed, such as the management of the various Secretariats;
- Keep accurate records of enquiries and activities, ensuring value for money in any expenditure;
- Co-ordinate target recording and monitoring to help keep team performance on track or spot problems in delivery;
- Co-ordinate briefing, papers and advice as necessary in preparation for the Director’s meetings;
- Work with Corporate Services and other colleagues to ensure appropriate procedures are followed on procurement and budgets
- Other ad hoc duties as needed
- Strong oral and written English communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills with ability in MS Office suite applications e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines;
- Resourcefulness in solving problems;
- Good interpersonal and team working skills;
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient;
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Superior professionalism and judgment;
- Strong work ethic
- 2+ years of relevant experience especially in large, complex environments;
- Prior experience of working with the UK Government;
- Numerical and budget management skills
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Starting monthly salary: N360,778
20th November, 2016