Solidarités International is currently present in Africa (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Sierra Leone (Ebola response), Somalia, South Sudan), in Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar (Burma), the Philippines and Thailand), in the Middle East (Syria and Lebanon) and in Haiti.
Job Title:Field Coordinator
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Head of Mission for a region of a country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with Solidarités International’s charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Head of Mission's direct contact and representative.
- He/she will be directly managed by the head of mission. He/she will directly manage the head of departments on his/her base (Wash Program Manager, Logistician and Administrator).
- Following the recent and strong positioning of SI in Maiduguri and Monguno, Nigeria mission is opening a new position of Field Coordinator for Borno State, taking all Borno-related operational and access considerations over SI current Nigeria Head of Mission.
- The Field Coordinator will first be in charge of analyzing the ever changing military and socio-political context in Borno State, along with critical gaps in the emergency humanitarian response. He/She will be able to develop an extensive information network and a reactive humanitarian data collection system will be requested, supported in that by a team of senior national collaborators and by the Head of Mission.
- He/she will supervise the overall SI operations in all Borno LGAs, including program and support teams, with a security and access framing mindset.
- He/She will notably be in charge of prioritizing emergency deployments, in close coordination with the Head of Mission and the Program Coordinator.
- The Field Coordinator will also be a key component of SI coordination team and a close collaborator of the Head of Mission in the design of the mission strategic lines.
- An outstanding ability to manage heavy workload and constant operational stress is required for this highly challenging position.
- SI is looking for an emergency-focused, proactive and intuitive collaborator able to lead life-saving operations in highly insecure environments.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, International Development, Humanitarian Studies, Logistics, Business, Management, or other related sectors.
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience, including 2 to 3 years minimum in the humanitarian environment.
- 2 years of experience as Field Coordinator, Program Coordinator or Emergency Coordinator.
- 2 years of experience in conflict and post-conflict contexts.
- Previous experience in insecure and access-hindered environment required.
- Ability to collect, manage and filter extensive amounts of information in real time
- Ability to develop quick and intuitive analysis
- Capacity to provide clear and well documented strategies
- Demonstrated networking capacity, including with national key stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to evolve in very fast paced environments and insecure contexts
- Strong synthesis and information dissemination skills
- Capacity to manage a multi-technical team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Hausa is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in MS Office package: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic GIS desirable.
30th November, 2016