Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administrative Assistant to support the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- The 5-year USAID-funded Health Finance and Governance project (HFG) provides technical assistance in health systems strengthening around the world. In Nigeria, the HFG project team works together with USAID and the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS, TB, and Maternal Neonatal, and Child Health/Family Planning (MNCH/FP) programs.
- HFG in Nigeria supports the USAID goal of closing the HIV/AIDS programming resource gap at the state and local levels through domestic financing mechanisms. The project anticipates two new streams of work; the Sustainable Health Financing (SFI) initiative in Lagos and Rivers state and the HPN RMNCH project in Cross River, Bauchi and Sokoto states. These projects are aimed at increasing the mobilization of domestic resources for HIV/AIDS and RMNCH activities respectively.
- HFG Nigeria seeks to hire three Finance Assistants who will work with the rest of HFG Nigeria team in Abuja and two supported states (Lagos and Rivers states) under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager to support HFG’s finance and operations.
- Ensure timely review of documents and payments to staff, consultants and vendors;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures;
- Manage inventory and ensure that Project equipment are tagged and properly tracked;
- Provide logistics support for program activities including hotel reservation, refreshments and participants expense reimbursement;
- Makes travel and logistic arrangements for staff, meetings and conferences;
- Arranges for the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Any other project related tasks as may be assigned by the COP or the Finance Manager
- At least a degree in any of the following areas – Accounting, Finance, Business Management and other relevant disciplines with three (3) years of post NYSC experience;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic accounting, records management, organization, planning, and general office administration and procedures;
- Experience of working within an NGO environment is an advantage;
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerized accounting software;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines - able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration; and
- Good communication and listening skills