G4S is the largest employer on the London Stock Exchange, with operations in more than 125 countries and over 620,000 employees. In this annual report we feature the important work carried out by our employees across our 125 countries. We are proud of the role they play in securing your world.
Job Title: General Manager
- G4S Secure Solutions Nigeria seeks to appoint a General Manager to lead and transform the organisation towards increased growth and development imperatives, sustainability and profitability in accordance with the organisational vision and strategic intent.
- To guide the Company, in terms of the areas of business and the strategies for those areas of business.
- To direct, formulate and/or approve policies and procedures on service quality, pricing and customer relations.
- To direct the Company towards providing an effective, efficient and profitable service.
- To ensure that the correct level of skills, education and experience are identified for management positions and to recruit adequate persons to fill these positions.
- To plan, prepare and monitor the business plan and budget so as to maximize profitability.
- To identify and initiate strategies that will add growth to the business to ensure its long term profitability and survival.
- To maintain close contact with the workforce through key managers to ensure feedback opportunities, the maintenance of good morale and a high standard of staff integrity and honesty. To formulate and / or approve wage increases.
- To maintain a clear communications path to the shareholders so that key issues confronting the Company are promptly identified and kept in focus.
- Relevant business qualification preferred.
- Background in security management.
- 5+ years experience in a business and/or operational senior management position.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experienced in living and working in a professional commercial capacity overseas.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to understand problems, situations and the reasons behind them, crossing the barriers of languages and cultures.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed
- Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
11th November, 2016.