Job Title: Hotel General Manager
- From time to time, you will have direct contact with guests and will also have regular meetings with heads of department to coordinate and monitor the progress of business strategies.
- You will be much more hands-on and involved in the day-to-day running of the hotel.
- Planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
- Promoting and marketing the business;
- Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- Maintaining statistical and financial records;
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
- Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- Meeting and greeting customers;
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
- Ensuring security is effective;
- Carrying out inspections of property and services;
- ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.