Job Title: Case Worker (Dikwa LGA)
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- Engage family members of survivors’ and empower them with skills to help survivors’ cope.
- Engage clients to capture stories, needs and concerns, and communicate on available services.
- Facilitate referrals to critical services meeting survivors’ needs.
- Provide individual counseling to survivors’
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Assist in facilitating group PSS activities at safe spaces and in the community.
- Conduct quarterly activity review sessions with beneficiaries to identify what activities are working and what activities need to be improved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Social with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in social work is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Very competitive compensation package.
27th November, 2016.