Job Title: Head of Procurement - Technical
- To understand and communicate regional requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly for the region.
- Develop strategies in support of key projects and initiatives tailored to the category
- Facilitate agreement with business partners and other stakeholders
- Execute category and contracting strategies, monitor and manage progress to plan
- Communicate key presentations to senior leadership (directors)
- Communicate strategy, performance, risk and opportunities to stakeholders
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place to manage performance across BUs
- Identify risk and support mitigation plans
- Assess current and potential supply base
- Develop demand profile and identify niche support
- Develop plans to manage capacity and capability
- Develop negotiation strategies for strategic sourcing events
- Develop supply chain capability to meet future business needs; and, ultimately,
- Actively manage supply risk and performance;
- Deliver defined value adding targets and measures;
- Deliver defined savings targets;
- Deliver effective Procurement solutions across the Business in line with the Group’s business targets and objectives;
- Develop contracting strategies
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree, Certified Purchaser (CIPS) preferred and Master's Degree will be advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Problem Solving and numerate analytical skills.
- Excellent literacy skills.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, ERP, Data Analysis).
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of new ways of working and building strategic awareness.
- Stakeholder relationships: building trust and fostering collaboration; excellent team management and interpersonal people skills are essential.
- Communicating effectively: strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking complimented by excellent organisational and Project Management skills.
- Ability to negotiate commercial and contractual terms at the highest levels with suppliers.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.