Job Title: Hotel Manager
- Office Manager run hotels, motels and other lodgings.
- They make sure that all staff do everything they can to make a guest's stay pleasant and comfortable, while making sure that the hotel is profitable and efficient.
- Coordinate cleaning staff, the front desk operations, grounds and facilities maintenance, and where applicable, make sure the indoor water slide is super-fun.
- Hotel managers create budgets and set room rates, interview, hire and train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
Skills and Requirements
- Customer-Service: Hotel managers deal with guests every day. Customer loyalty begins with good service and friendly demeanor.
- Interpersonal Skills: Being calm and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- Leadership: Hotel managers need to be able to motivate their employees, resolve issues and complaints from guests.
- Listening: Excellent listening skills are needed, especially with guests. Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- Management: Working with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations are all a part of the job.
- Organization: Hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling. Hotel managers need to keep it all organized.
- Problem-Solving: Hotel managers need to be able to think quickly on their feet and make decisions with problems come up.
- Lodging managers have a broad set of duties, including hiring, managing and training staff, facility maintenance
- At least an associate degree in hospitality or hotel management or a Bachelor degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
23rd December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com