Job Title: Human Resources Assistant, GS-5
- On boarding New Staff: Provides induction briefing on benefits and issues personnel actions on initial appointments, extension of fixed-term appointments, promotions and conversions for locally recruited staff. Follow-up on contract extensions, within-grade increment, promotions and entitlements to allowances and benefits as well as pension fund enrolment and distribution of forms. Follow-up with UNJSPF on payments of benefits.
- Maintains the attendance record and the office leave plan including home leave monitoring as well as Rest and Recuperation (R&R) entitlement.
- Prepare, maintain and update human resource database and VISION reports on staffing lists, expiration of contracts, etc. Focal point for all HR related databases; organograms; security lists; Job Descriptions as well as focal point for Global Service Centre (GSSC).
- Assist in the recruitment of NPO/GS drafting and posting of internal and external vacancy announcements, short listing, organizing for interviews and conducting reference checks and regret letters to unsuccessful candidates.
- Establishes and maintains official status files for all staff members in UNICEF Nigeria. Maintains up-to-date job descriptions for all staff (international and local) within Nigeria.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor in support of the HR team.
- Secondary education/degree required
- University course in related subject (Human Resource, Law, Psychology, Management, etc.) will be an asset
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software.
- Five years' experience in the Field of Personnel/Administration, experience of international organisation desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of the local language(s)
- Knowledge of another working language in the organization an asset
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
30th November, 2016