Job Title: Investment Analyst TMT
- IFC’s TMT Group is looking for an Investment Analyst to be based in Lagos to support its business development and investment activities in Africa.
- With a global deal flow, a diverse portfolio of companies and with many transactions live at any given time, the group is an excellent place to build your buy-side investment skills, understand key elements of due diligence in very different settings, how risk is analyzed, accepted and mitigated, and how companies are built and monitored.
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment,
- S/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment.
- All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
- The responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
- Conduct industry, market and company research;
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC's deal approval process including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and portfolio management;
- Work with senior staff to help identify viable investment transactions across various geographies through mapping, desk research and pipeline management;
- Understand operations and different business models, map and explain business processes;
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data;
- Help design and maintain proper KPIs for portfolio companies or opportunities in watch-list.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance experience;
- 1-3 year experience in investment and credit analysis with investment banking background within a major financial institution, consulting company or large corporation;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Willing to travel on short notices;
- Experience or demonstrated interest in equity investments;
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in French is a plus.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.