Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: IT Engineer
- Assist in maintaining new systems that the organization may acquire
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Monitoring network traffic and bottleneck
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Responding to in house internet breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Maintaining company networks
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Create and maintain existing websites
- Preparation of I.T budgets
- Web content Management and development
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support corporate goals, incorporating Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Slideshare, Instagram, Google+, etc
- Creating email addresses
- Maintain and ensure internet stability
- Detect, analyze, and defend against network penetration: Execute Intrusion Detection/Prevention System
- Configure and handle routers, Virtual Private Networks and Install Firewall
- Propose, plan, experiment and implement robust authentication mechanisms - both network and host based.
- Protect systems - servers and services from external and internal threat by
- Analyzing and evaluating systems security vulnerabilities:
- Updating security patches for servers (Web server, Mail, DNS, etc.)
- Applying Access control List on serveer
- Installation of OS and required service packages: both open source and proprietary.
- Updating and maintaining OS and software to the latest releases, patches, etc
- Implement security tools and practices across servers and applications/services.
- Implementation, operaton and management of services like web, mail, DNS, etc.
- Ensure configurations and data backup of services and implement recovery from disaster.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering /Computer Science or HND or any other relevant discipline
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience
- Experience with development and humanitarian sector would be an advantage
- Professional Certification would be an added advantage
- Server installation and configuration with Active Directory
- System Administration/System Engineering in Unix or Microsoft Windows
- IT Administrator Tools (Team viewer, NMS, IP Scanner)
- Maintenance and repair of computer systems etc
Location: Abuja (National Headquarters), Nigeria
23rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a 1-page 4-year Vision Statement for the Nigerian Red Cross Society and CV as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The CV must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the Directorate level.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted