Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), together with its partners in the United Kingdom, the Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust, the Academic Institute of Medicine of the University of Wolverhampton and the Royal College of Physicians, seek applications for a number of 2 years Clinical Fellowships working as fully remunerated doctors within National Health Service of the United Kingdom with excellent clinical experience and training opportunities.
Title: Overseas Clinical Fellowship Programme 2017
- Posts and rotations are flexible and will, where ever possible, be tailored according to the experience and training needs of the applicant.
- A likely rotation may start with a year in Emergency Medicine (Accident and Emergency Department and Acute Medical Unit) with integrated specialty experience and then progress through to a second year placement in the programme which will be negotiated to be in accord with the applicants further career and training needs with increasing exposure in a specific specialty, including:
- General and sub specialist Internal Medicine,
- Anesthetics and Critical Care,
- Cardio Thoracic surgery,
- Clinical Haematotogy,
- Rehabilitation and Elderly Medicine,
- Trauma and Orthopaedics and General Surgery and its sub specialties.
- We emphasise that these posts will be fully remunerated by the NHS at the appropriate UK medical salary scales with a standard UK 40-48 hour contract.
- As well as clinical experience, all posts will have a high quality medical training framework.
- With satisfactory progression, the NHS partner will fully fund a higher qualification at Master's level in partnership with the Academic Institute of Medicine - the Master's in Clinical Medicine.
- Doctors who have completed their basic Medical Degree (MBBS) and 36 months of clinical experience post-qualification (more junior resident)
- Doctors who have completed their postgraduate qualification in General Medicine and are seeking further specialization or qualification or both (more senior resident)
- Those for whom the programme may have capacity and opportunity according to case by assessment.
- Doctors who have attained specialist status in any of the medical specialties and seek further specific experience and research opportunities (established practitioner)
Successful candidates will have the formal educational framework including:
- Named Educational and Clinical supervisor
- 4-monthly formal supervisor meetings
- Access to e-portfolio from the Royal College of Physicians
- Annual appraisal including 360- degree appraisal and a Personal Development Plan
- Access to internal and external study leave with a defined study leave budget
- Training, leave and support to pursue college examinations and higher qualifications
- Opportunity to actively participate in medical student teaching programme
- Opportunity to undertake research and audit
- Application is open to all interested applicants across the country
- Application should be made by a letter of application enclosing a CV and the names of 2 referees.
- In their covering letter, candidates should clearly outline their career ambitions and how they may be benefited by this programme.
- In particular we seek to understand how applicants hope this opportunity will bring back benefit to Nigerian health care.
- Applications will be preliminary vetted and shortlisted before a further process of assessment and interview involving our international partners.
- Through this process, matching to available opportunities will take place and every effort will be made to accommodate applicants from a wide range of specialties although we cannot guarantee every posting will be found.
- Finally, successful candidates who are offered a post must be compliant with UK Visa regulations and other requirements of the UK GMC.
- Successful candidates will be guided and supported through these processes.
20th November, 2016.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates who meet the requirements are requested to forward their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org