The Polytechnic courses of instruction (in full-time and Part-time) leading to the award of Diplomas, Certificates and other distinctions of Scientific, Technological and other subjects are available at all times in order to meet the requirements of State and the manpower needs of the Country.
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
- The Polytechnic librarian shall be responsible to the Rector for the provision of library services in the Polytechnic.
- Responsible for library services of the Polytechnic.
- In attendance at Governing Council meeting.
- Member Junior Staff Appointment.
- Promotion and Disciplinary Committee.
- Member, Management Committee.
- Member, Academic Board.
- Preparation of library Budget.
- The applicant should be a holder of Ph.D in Library Science with fifteen (15) years cognate experience or MLS with eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- Must provide evidence of membership with the library registration council,
- Must provide evidence of journal publication, conference/seminar papers and books proceeding.
- Must have spent at least four (4) years satisfactorily as a Deputy Chief Librarian.
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years renewable for a second and final term of four (4) years. The salary of the Polytechnic librarian is CONTISS 15. Other fringe benefits are:
- An official car
- Sabbatical within Nigeria on completion of tenure provided the officer is not retiring.
28th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twelve (12) copies of their hand written application including photocopies of certificate and curriculum vitae to the "Acting Registrar" using the address below indicating:
- Name (surname first and underlined).
- Date of birth.
- State of origin and the Local Government Area.
- Postal address, email and phone numbers.
- Marital status
- Number and dates of birth of children (under 18 years).
- Educational institution attended and qualifications obtained with dates.
- Publications (a) Journals (b) Conference and books proceedings (c) Paper presentation at conference or seminars.
- Working experience with dates.
- Names and address of present employer, salary and current status.
- Services to community, state, national and international organizations.
- Names and address of three (3) referees.
Candidates will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other credentials at the interview.
Application should be submitted with accompanying documents in a sealed envelope labelled "Application for the Post of.............., to:
Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic,Note: Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them direct to the "Acting Registrar" via the address above.