Job Title: Senior Manager, RF Optimization
- Drive and direct the strategy, design, and optimization of MTNN’s radio (2G, 3G, 4G) coverage, quality and capacity in order to provide adequate radio network capacity, good grade/ level of service and good overall network quality to enable higher revenue generation and excellent customer experience.
- Ensure optimization Vendors carry out the tasks set out in the contracts to consistently achieve Quality of Service KPI’s.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Define radio optimization strategy and policies, develop and standardize generic network parameter setting s for optimal performance
- Continuously optimize radio/network parameters and evaluate new features/software to enhance customer experience, quality and capacity management.
- Develop effective methodologies in conjunction with MS vendors to effectively detect, manage and resolve network exceptions to minimize impact on customer experience.
- Ensure the radio network is designed and performs in a cost effective way to achieve NWG’s 366 or other guiding rollout/operational strategy (such as 30% headroom) as determined by NWG top management.
- Continuously track network changes and scan for discrepancies between planned (intended) and actual.
- Achieve and surpass regulatory KPI’s for all radio network technologies.
- Produce and manage annual OPEX and CAPEX budget plan for Radio Frequency (RF) Optimization.
- Ensure that MTN Nigeria’s radio network design and optimization strategy is in line with European Telecommunications Standards Institute’s (ETSI) standards for GSM network design.
- Define methods and authorize access levels and privileges on network optimization tools and support systems.
- Track and enhance radio network traffic handling capability, in order to enhance network efficiency and revenue generation capability.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of team members, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Ensure adequate proactive monitoring, analysis and tuning of network is being done by managed services Vendors as at when due.
- Ensure Optimisation resources have adequate tools to effectively track and manage changes implemented by managed services Vendors.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitor quality, capacity and performance.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train RF Optimization team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in Electrical/Electronic or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years working experience.
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience on radio network planning and optimization in dynamic telecoms operator environment.
- Experience working in/with radio network managed service vendors
- Experience dealing with vendors/suppliers on technical and commercial issues
- Extensive experience on 2G, 3G, 4G Radio Network Planning, Optimization & rollout program management.
- Experience in coverage area planning, radio capacity dimensioning and performance monitoring, statistical analysis and reporting
- Relevant GSM / 3G /4G Technical Training.
- Relevant Planning, Forecasting & data analysis trainings.
- Business Planning, Financial Evaluation and business feasibility reporting
- Financial Management
- New technologies seminar / training
- Vendor/Contract management training
- People management training
- BEng, BTech or HND
15th November, 2016.