Job Title: Team Lead, Network IP Security Engineer
- To manage the Data & IP Security Network and perform network Integration and configuration
- Ensure network availability and maintain security posture of MTN Enterprise Network.
- Integrate complex network communication architectures, topologies, hardware, and protocols into existing network configurations.
- Provide accurate visibility into the MTNN Networks (IP/MPLS, GPRS etc.) at Layer 3.
- Liaise with Network Engineers and ensure timely management/resolution of faults occurring on the network.
- Carry out daily maintenance of the MTNN security and MPLS infrastructure.
- Ensure key deliverables are met, MTTR availability and timely delivery of Datacomms related project.
- Review and provide routine input to DCN Integration Plans and IP Security related issues.
- Perform routine DCN Installation and Support and New Node implementation.
- Drive and implement the Total Security Architecture for MTNN.
- Maintain end to end Internal Data Network Security, monitoring critical Nodes, detect faults and escalate appropriately.
- Ensure network statistic analysis/data trend are reported daily/weekly/monthly to track and improve performance.
- Perform required maintenance upgrades on Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS, and Net Forensics (both HW and SW).
- Troubles shoot firewall access problems and routing issues.
- Provide input to system architecture to ensure robust designs and redundancy.
- Ensure that all planned network expansions take place on schedule to meet customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain a good relationship between all network related sections, customers and product suppliers
- Perform implementation and support of MTNN network integration of Customer Edge devices to the IP/MPLS network.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, activities of direct reports and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Pool car provided.
- Dynamic, Exciting and challenging group
Experience & Training
- A first Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Professional IT qualification, CCNP is required, CCIP, CCSP and CCIE an Advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Cisco qualification in Routing, Switching and Security
- Intermediate Unix knowledge
- Good understanding of networking and IP/MPLS Infrastructure
- Layer 3 MPLS IP VPN knowledge with QOS in the enterprise. Knowledge of carrier side MPLS with labels, LDP, VRF’s, RD’s. MPLS MPBGP is a must.
- Excellent understanding of network Infrastructure Integration of new customers to the IP/MPLS Networks
- Strong IPv4 Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS
- Previous experience in Telecommunications experience will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge of Data Communications Network and IP Security
- DCN/Security Management
- B.Eng, B.Tech, HND, B.A or B.Arch
15th November, 2016.