Job Title: Network Supporter
- The Network Support (NS) provides network support assistance and performs a variety of technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of the computer network, communications hardware and software systems at eHA including network and application servers, routers, Firewall, LAN, WAN, phone systems and PC workstations.
- S/he works on various network hardware/software to ensure that network devices are implemented, maintained and available for use.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality service support by completing support requests and taking prompt and necessary action to resolve and/or escalate identified software, computer, network or system issues to ensure that the requirements are met. Coordinates the deployment of managed hardware devices with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues. Installs new hardware including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoot telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers.
- Provides support in configuring network application systems and maintaining documentation for network configuration. Supports all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required.
- Oversees security of all systems, especially the internet, and installing antivirus protection. Fixes network faults and maintains internal IT systems in adherence with IT’s policies and standards.
- Supports the growth, integration, and qualification of new and existing network elements and equipment. Provides direction and guidance to process improvements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex level network related problems. Coordinates resources where necessary and serve as escalation point to operations team.
- Performs offsite technical implementation, installation and configuration of hardware when required.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues.
- Oversees the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users. Day to day admin and monitoring of network use.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings, seminars and trainings in order to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems technology.
- Performs any other duties assigned by management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Is consistently at work and on time & adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with LAN/WAN operations, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning and various networking protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools, and applications related to job
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- CCNA, MTCNA
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate proficiency working with specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Location: Kano, Nigeria