Petrok Oil and Gas Service Limited provides services to clients in the Oil & Gas industry, Energy, Engineering and other industries. At POGS, we ensure that our clients focus on their comparative advantage, save money and time by outsourcing needs to a highly efficient and skilled team. We understand the essence of redefining standards in the industry hence; we have entered into strategic alliances with renowned names in the industry to continuously boost the level of support we provide to our client and their operations.
Job Title: Planning and Economics Manager
- The Planning and Economics Manager will coordinate the planning and economics function within the company.
- The job holder’s main objectives are Economic Evaluation & Portfolio and Development Planning.
- Coordinate periodic portfolio reviews to reduce, rank and manage investment risk.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to create proprietary frameworks for planning and asset management.
- Liaise with relevant departments to develop rounded field, asset and portfolio development plans.
- Manage and Reconcile macro, competitive and industry analysis views with field development objectives and advise on priority, timing and business development.
- Conduct analytic planning and scheduling reports for ongoing projects to identify potential problem areas and report findings to management.
- Key custodian of portfolio/asset performance measurement.
- Develop and maintain robust and integrated economic models for all assets in portfolio.
- Co-ordinate formal assumptions reviews and sign-offs and compiling the assumption documents.
- Develop economic model sensitivities, alternative scenarios, value-driver and decision tree analysis.
- Keep abreast of developments on economic evaluation, taxation and fiscal terms, cost structures.
- Lead statutory reporting of hydrocarbon reserves.
- Build, update and maintain models for statutory reporting.
- Provide economic input into business development, strategic development and stakeholder management
- Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached to the Planning and Economics Manager position and the fulfillment of its responsibilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Commercial.
Key Performance Indicators
- Robust economic analysis
- Value-driver implementation
- Effective Portfolio Planning
- Pro-active response.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science or any relevant discipline.
- Master’s in numerate/ science or a MBA will be an advantage.
- 8-15 years’ experience in economic analysis, portfolio planning and asset management.
- Some project management experience.
- Subsurface, Geo-science or asset management experience is desirable.
- Independent E&P experience is a plus
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of either Palantir Plan or Schlumberger’s Merak Peep
- planning tool.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- MS Project and Excel modelling is a prerequisite.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Planning, Organization & Coordination
- Proficient use of MS Office application.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Integrity and ethics; objectives; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and reliability; highly numerate.
- Adaptable, proactive, sound judgement and use of initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and observe contractual deadlines and timetables.
- Displays a quality of work that reflects high professional standards, and projects a professional and positive image at all times.
11th November, 2016