Job Title: Online Community Manager
- Work with content producers and the Project Manager to plan and commission the weekly content schedule for the site, including social media.
- Liaise with expert advisors to ensure the production of quality, reliable content & features on key issues
- Work with client managers to ensure site development and growth is aligned with programme targets, strategize and plan new features & campaigns
- Edit & sign off on content produced for the site, with a focus on feedback and improvement
- Review & analyse the ?User Generated Content? in order to understand how users are engaging with the site and its topics
- Provide quality assurance for the site, including testing across a range of devices, collecting, collating and presenting user feedback for discussion in weekly community development meetings.
- Liaise with the Every1Mobile technical and user experience teams to report bugs, discuss improvements, and contribute to design briefs to create new features
- Review and analyse traffic & engagement stats, presenting these to the rest of the team on a monthly basis
- Work with the E1M team, clients and partners to develop strategies & plan campaigns for marketing & promotion of the site
- Work with content producer to produce compelling promotion & marketing copy that best represents the community and will attract users to the site
- Source and commission graphics for the site
- Maintain awareness of competitor sites
- Maintain awareness of key issues in field of gender based social norms
- Moderating user feedback and comments on the purple website and on social media
- Write, schedule and publish posts on social media in line with social media plans
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator to ensure key campaigns and events are being planned for and leveraged in the online spaces
- Manage quality, test published content and fix typos, broken links etc.
- Contribute to improvement of Content Management System in collaboration with E1M User Experience Designer & developers
- Contribute to development and growth of your community in collaboration with Community Manager, Head of Content, based on user feedback, competitor activity, key issues in field of youth, gender & culture in Nigeria.
- Assisting with the sourcing and production of graphics for use online.
- The community manager will be expected to improve the quality of engagement with user discussions and feedback on the website and social media; improve the process for reporting and following up on usability issues requested by users; and improve the regular monitoring and reaction to user engagement data on the website. This will include:
- Working with the head of content and head of programme design to develop a useful, simple report to regularly monitor the engagement of users with the website and its content
- Developing a schedule for the monitoring and moderation of content on the website
- Developing a process for capturing and reporting back key trends and insights gathered from user engagement data
- Refining and sticking to the process for reporting usability issues and getting them resolved
- A graduate degree in social sciences (or any other relevant discipline)
- Experience working in the field of development or communications.
- Experience in journalism and/or online media background with at least 3 years? experience working in an online/digital environment
- Ability to use Pidgin
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in youth, gender and cultural issues & trends across Nigeria
- Experience analyzing web traffic statistics
- Experience managing social media accounts to maximize traffic and improve brand presence
- Demonstrable, excellent standard of copy writing
- Creative and passionate about improving the site and reaching programme targets
- Good understanding of user experience design in an online environment
- Knowledge of Photoshop and manipulating images, audio & video for the web
- Experience working with technical developers.
- Passion for furthering the movement for gender equality in Nigeria
- Professional communication skills and behavior
- Passion for supporting young people to make the most of their potential
- A perfectionist who is motivated by getting a job done to the highest standard
- Values, recognizes, seeks out and recognizes the inputs of others
- Proactive problem solver who doesn?t give up, and follows through until a resolution has been achieved
- Comfortable working with people from different backgrounds both face to face and virtually
25th November, 2016