Job Title: Northern Nigeria Crisis Response Operations Coordinator
- The conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, provoked by Boko Haram, has resulted in a growing humanitarian crisis with an estimated 7 million people in need of emergency assistance and at least 1.8 million Internally Displaced Persons.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food security.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 20 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and support logistics, operations and finance for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) - Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional sites. Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator will oversee a Logistics Manager and Finance Manager, supervising and supporting all activities related to logistics, operations and finance.
- Manages the operational and strategic functions for the department to ensure compliance and efficiency with company SOPs.
- Ensures the development of proper training and documentation for functional areas.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on projects and strategic goals.
- Develops and implements new or revised policies and procedures for internal use.
- Provides full oversight for projects/programs including project scope and management of cross functional project teams.
- Builds and trains staff on policies and procedures to achieve department and organizational goals
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field
- Typically requires 8+ years of finance management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).