The Nigerian Conservation Foundation with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood.
NCF pursues the conservation of nature and its resources with the aim of improving the quality of human life both the present and the future by preserving the full range of Nigeria’s Biodiversity which include species, ecosystems and genetic Biodiversity, Promoting sustainable use of natural resources for the benefit of the present and future generations; and Advocating actions that minimize pollution and wasteful utilization of renewable resources.
Title: Chief S.L Edu Research Grant
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- The grant shall be to support a PhD programme.
- Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF's vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter head paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant is a very essential condition for considering any application. .
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
- Nigerian citizens can apply for this Research Grant.
- Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s)
- No paper application will be considered.
- Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
- Please be informed that all applications will be acknowledged while only successful candidates will be contacted by the Foundation.
9th December, 2016.
Click here to get more information