Job Title: Procurement Engineer
- Vendor evaluation
- Vendor regulation
- Sourcing for the best price and good quality.
- Negotiating with Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
- Make sure that what is being requested is what is needed for a certain task
- Cross check the requested materials agains a Bill of Quantity and drawings
- Checking on site on what is being used and what is being implemented.
- Prepare reports to management to summarise findings and agreement.
- Control all the requisitions requested either by the quantity surveyor or the site engineer as well the materials delivered to site.
- Follow client standards and procedures for inspection, documentation requirements, delivery requirements etc.
- Follow up on material delivery and documentation requirement
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Procurement/buyer role in an EPC/construction industry
- Knowledge of building and finishing materials
- Good negotiation skills.
- Market knowledge in sourcing of materials and services
- IT skills in MS-office and in ERP procurement module preferably SAP R/3 in materials and
- purchase Requisitions