around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives, Plan International currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- To provide technical support and coordinate the implementation of the Integrated Micro nutrient Project in Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina and Zamfara laies to ensure proper quality of th program especially delivery of Iron and Folic Acid (WA) to pregnant women and Zinc Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) to children with diarrhoea.
- Supervise and monitor the training activities of Health service providers including Community Health Workers (CHW) and other volunteer groups.
- Supervision of health service provision quality in the health facilities and communities
- Provide support to consultants working for the project.
- Participate in program research processes in the protect, including baseline and end line evaluations. Work to strengthen linkages between health facilities, communities atd Partners.
- Work to ensure alignment of donor. Ministries of Health and Women Affairs, demand and supply side interventions, including addressing demand/supply aide issues at cluster and facility levels, through strengthening quality improvement teams.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy and community mobilization strategies, including IEC materials and radio messages to ensure service delivery issue are captured
- Regularly review community and facility level data, including collection processes to track progress against planned service delivery outputs and outcomes, using RBM methodologies.
- Manage the project logistic processes at the cluster level to ensure regular supplies and materials are available within health facilities and with CBHWS.
- Provide technical support to forecasting quantification and budgeting for IFA and Zinc/LO ORS in the states.
- Identify and collaborate with relevant partners to ensure delivery of project outcomes.
- Work with WDCs and community health volunteers for successful implementation of community outreach MNCH services, especially in hard to reach areas.
- Ensure M and E processes are implemented to capture quality project data for reporting and decision making.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with the State Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, local government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and other project learn members to inform project programming decision making advocacy efforts.
- Carry out regular advocacies to local stakeholders to improve and sustain facility and community MNCH service delivery and demand creation especially uptake of Iron and Folic Acid among pregnant women and Zinc/LO ORS among children with diarrhoea.
- Work with Gender Advisor in identifying, disseminate and address gender barriers to IFA/Zinc LO ORS service delivery outcomes.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Programme Development Advisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc or HND in Health Sciences.
- At least 2- 4 years’ practical work experience in managing or supporting project management, preferably for donor funded programs.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in grant financial management with donor funded projects in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Certification its project/program management will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of Iron and Folic Acid programming and line LO ORS programming
- Passion for learning and development
- Good computer literacy skills
- Team player
- Demonstration of presentation and advocacy skills
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Will require 40 %- 50% of interstate travels to coordinate project activities.
26th November, 2016
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position you are applying for in the subject space of your email.