Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Job Title: Part Sales Officer
- Manages and develops customer relationships to achieve sales goals within an assigned sales territory or account in a business to customer environment.
- Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
- Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
- Supports negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
- Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
- College, university, or equivalent Degree in Marketing, Sales or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
- Basic relevant work experience preferred.
- Focus On Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Account Planning - Able to identify support needs or service improvement needs of a customer. Can write goal statements that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time based. Able to execute a strategy. Able to identify initiatives that will lead to achieving defined goals. Able to apply measures and track progress toward the goal. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that can be utilized during account planning.
- Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information to strengthen the sales position and progress through the sales process.
- Manage Customer Relationships - Has established rapport, delivered on commitments, and developed a positive relationship with customers. Uses appointment tracking system, documents call plans, meeting notes and action items.
- Sales Negotiations - Basic understanding of negotiating tactics and the concept of power in a negotiation.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria