We offer hands on support to our consultants in every region in which they work. We provide the best people to Upstream, Midstream and Downstream projects and operations.
Job Title: Senior Contracts Engineer- Drilling & Completion
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger.
- Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons, installations and ensure that effective safety and security procedures for personnel and equipment are being adhered to.
- Ensure that all local contracts personnel under his/her supervision is in line with the company’s standardized norms and codes of conduct
- Liaises with other teams and participates to the processes and communication of the contracts entity by performing the following tasks
- Work closely with the DUET counterpart to create the contracts dossier, develop a clear definition of contractual responsibilities and discuss the agenda including:
- Validation of contracts strategy
- Negotiation and analysis of commercial bids
- Participation in recommendations to award
- Participate in the OPS/CA CATMAN network
- Ensure that all insurance issues of company assets and personnel are dealt with
- Supervise and train contract engineers and Graduate contracts engineers
- Define the workload of his/her team
- Manage his/her team’s performance by implementing and monitoring local KPIs
- Ensure the update of the contracts management tool
- Keep informed of best practices in contracts procedures in other entities and affiliates for improvement of contracts practices in his/her affiliate
- Participate in Recommendation to award (RTA) through contract committee/DOA and award validation where he/she evaluates RTAs
- Handle the approval from authorities and partners, clarification of rights and obligation of signing parties and the signature process of formal documents
- Ensures that own contracts are created and managed in UNISUP and CONTIKI, ensure effective use of tools and systems (Ariba, NIPEX, REX+, CONTIKI.) for optimum productivity.
- Ensure the handover of contracts to the Métier Partner.
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences
- A background in drilling and Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Up to 12 years’ experience in oil well construction activities of which 5 should be in contract administration.
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.