Our impact investing initiatives are pushing beyond microfinance to catalyze more than 20 innovative start-ups dedicated to improving the efficiency, reach and scope of financial services for the poor.
Job Title: Senior General Manager - Accion Microfinance Bank, Nigeria
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Provide strategic input and direction for the development of performance targets, including on-going monitoring to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Build the organizational structures and business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Ensure business compliance with company's policies, procedures and corporate governance expectations.
- Participate in projects geared towards new products/ service development and or product / service enhancement by giving appropriate guidance on required checks, controls, processes and procedures in line with leading practices within the sector.
- Supervise assigned division/departments to achieve efficient, productive and profitable portfolio growth in line with corporate strategy.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance review reports to the Board.
- Participate in other Executive Management Committees and other related tasks.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, etc. or related field.
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations.
- A minimum of 15 - 20 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable, particularly within a microfinance bank from an international network.
- Attendance at relevant development programs such as those listed below would be an added advantage:
- Boulder Institute of Microfinance Training
- Harvard Business School-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance
- School of African Microfinance
- Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market.
- Prior experience leading functions such as:
- Banking Operations
- Finance/Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
- Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.