Job Title: Senior Human Resources Generalist
- The Senior Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. The Senior HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
- The Senior Human Resources Generalist Supports operating units by implementing human resources programs; solving performance problems.
- The Senior Human Resources Specialist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the Human Resources Director, and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- The Senior Human Resources Generalist originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and on-going development of a superior workforce.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention and labour relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analysing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analysing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career patting program, writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counselling, outplacement counselling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- A bachelor's Degree in Social Science or Arts - Required.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management would be of - Advantage.
- 15 years of Aviation Human Resources Experience is - Essential.
- Certifications and Training Requirements: CIPM OR Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification would be of - Advantage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Outstanding Process and Systems Documentation, Attention to Detail, Highly Organised, Conflict Resolution, Presentation Skills, Excellent Communication skills, Highly Organised, Team Oriented and Leadership, High Tolerance for Stress, Problem Management (analysis and resolution), Customer Service Orientation, Relationship Builder, High level of Integrity, Time and Priority Management Skills, People Management and Negotiation skills. Superior Analytical.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, performance management, training management, maintaining Employee Files, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, Employment Law, Project Management, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication Skills, Administrative Writing Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong risk assessment and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex processes.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently.
1st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate should please note that short listing is based on the requirements in the given job descriptions above such as; qualifications required, years of experience, technology and industry exposure.
- All candidates for the list position MUST have relevant and required work experience.