Job Title: Operations/Senior Operations Officer
- This position requires technical breadth and depth to devise development solutions and carry out client dialogue, a combination of integrative skills, strong operational experience, sensitivity to the political economy of the country(countries) concerned, in-depth knowledge of IFC services and products, and strong communication/language skills.
Strategy, Relationship Management
- With the CM and Industry Managers, manages client relationships in support of the assigned JIP to the PL for program development and implementation, coordinating and integrating the engagement of various IFC units to deliver on the program;
- Connects technical expertise and knowledge across multiple IFC, and WBG units to service the Client;
- As T&C Global Agribusiness Team member, integrate T&C technical offering—as relevant to the Client—into the discussion of JIPs with IFC, Agriculture GP and other key WBG partners;
- Maintain up to date information on the total SSA JIP portfolio and milestones and integrate this into strategic planning with T&C Global Agribusiness;
Serve as T&C Global Agribusiness team focal point for the T&C regional SSA agribusiness specialists:
- Receiving and conveying requests for Global Agribusiness support from SSA regional colleagues;
- Coordinating with the T&C Global Agribusiness Lead for delivery and response to regional team requests;
- Providing direct technical support on agribusiness topics and on T&C collaboration and coordination of effort with IFC and Agri GP.
Integrated program development
- With clients, and with the WB PL, RHis, Industry Managers and CM, finalize the development of assigned JIPs with a particular emphasis on thematic, multi-sectoral work, with clear mix of interventions and results framework;
- Facilitates collaboration across the WB, IFC and MIGA to ensure that final JIPs would provide integrated solutions to clients. Presents JIPs to the Regional Coordination Mechanism (RCM) when needed;
- Works with RHIs, RDs and Global units to identify and mobilize the appropriate staff and donor resources (if required) to deliver the JIPs;
- Support the joint T&C/Agriculture GP technical teams formed around joint product offerings with Agri GP, like Agri Spatial Solutions, and others under development;
- Serve as a technical specialist in support of joint operations with the Agriculture GP and ensure communication and appropriate linkages with IFC MAS staff around these.
- Engages pro-actively in an advisory role with IFC teams, CMs and clients on the overall program implementation and jointly with WB PL periodically reports progress to the RCM;
- Provides upstream input to teams to enhance quality, including at Concept Review Meetings, but does not play a formal clearance or concurrence role in quality assurance;
- Drawing on relevant substantive and country knowledge, ensures ongoing program is delivering expected outcomes and, works with RHI, CMs, regional staff, WB PL and clients to problem solve and make adjustments based on learning, changing circumstances and client needs;
- In collaboration with Industry or Advisory Managers, coaches and mentors in-country staff working on the program (including providing feedback on performance appraisals) and participates in Industry Management meetings related to program implementation;
- Carry the team role for joint product offerings, as described above, into implementation for SSA.
Knowledge, Learning, Solutions
- Initiates and captures outcome of discussions around key development challenges with clients.
- Facilitates knowledge generation and promotes knowledge sharing, both under the IFC program role and as a apart of the T&C Global Agribusiness team, particularly in sharing global best practice around key agribusiness topics
- Develops partnerships with local and regional knowledge institutions, think-tanks and NGOs to facilitate knowledge exchange;
- Actively participates in GP or IFC communities of practice as appropriate;
- Contributes expertise and inputs to other countries and on global and regional tasks as required;
- Does Peer Reviews as requested;
- Works on corporate assignments, as feasible.
- In-depth knowledge of IFC operations including Investment and Advisory instruments, experience in work programming, budgeting, task management;
- A basic understanding of World Bank products and preparation cycles;
- Demonstrated experience working with Agriculture GP teams and IFC teams a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated client orientation through identifying and evaluating emerging opportunities and challenging others to remove barriers and to deliver beyond client expectations
- Demonstrated achievement of results – through building a culture that consistently delivers high-quality products and services to clients and through engaging others in implementing strategies that have long-term impact
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork and inclusion to support collaboration and working across boundaries, and ensuring diverse talent and capability is mobilized
- Masters or PhD degree in relevant fields and typically the successful candidate will have a minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in development
- French language skills highly desirable.
21 November, 2016