Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, Prevention, Care & Treatment
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- With the Associate Director Care & Treatment, provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- With the Associate Director Medical Services and state Senior Technical Officers, coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building to field programs.
- With Associate Director Care & Treatment, develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management and clinical monitoring of HIV/AIDS.
- Work in close collaboration with the TB and Integrated Medical Service Unit in the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other medical services at the facility level.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management for FHI Nigeria programs including management of OIs and PMTCT capacity building.
- Work with technical staff at the zonal and state offices and other relevant FHI staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Very competitive compensation package.
27th November, 2016.