Job Title: Shift Engineer (Mechanical)
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that Plant equipment run smoothly. He will be responsible for providing technical support on the installation, commissioning and maintenance of plant facilities
- Develop, implement and manage preventive maintenance procedures, checklist and Standard procedures (SOP) of plant facilities to reduce damages and downtime.
- Transferring of technical know how of installed equipment through adequate training of subordinates (Technicians, electricians and technical operators).
- Ensuring that adequate spare parts of equipment are available in store
- Review plant facilities design in order to improve productivity, safety and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate with production and quality teams in ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is strictly adhered to.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- To maintain to optimal standard all machines and equipment inside the factory plant and these covers all the areas under principal accountabilities.
- Ensure running of automated mixing and processing equipment which includes, big scanima, small scanima, pipelines, agitators, pumps, Plate Heat Exchangers (PHE), processing instruments (temperature, pressure, level, flow transmitters etc), valves (manual and automatic), valve stations, Homogenizers, Pasteurizers, Holding tubes, electrical switchboards and controls, lighting fittings and socket outlets etc at optimal cost.
- Ensure running of Packaging Line comprising of DJ-2P and prepac packing machines, Scanico double drum freezer, scanima freezer, packing conveyors,
- Ensure correct functioning of Tetrapak Equipment comprising of Tetra Classic Aseptic (TCA), Tetra Brick Aseptic (TBA/8), Lacta and Aseptic processing equipment in order to ensure on-time realization of production plans
- Provide Technical support to Water Treatment Plant (WTP) when on shift.
- Provide Technical support to Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) when on shift.
- Covers the Ammonia plant when on shift and the Utility Engineer is not in the factory. Use all initiative to ensure that the Ammonia HVAC systems are in good condition.
- Ensure correct functioning of Ice cream Packing machines which include Frosto Machines, Jumbo Servo, Cut extruder, Rotary cup sealer, Pumps, agitators, valves cold room heaters and evaporator fans etc
- Provide technical support to technical operators at pet bottling plant
- Rate of avoiding production machine breakdown.
- Rate of avoiding Energy supply breakdown.
- Rate of attending to Cooling issue.
- Minimum B.Sc. / B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working experience in related field
- Corporate Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE)
- Registered member Council For Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria(COREN)
- Must understand plant maintenance.
- Project planning.
- Inventory control
- Technical report writing.
- Plant OEE implementation.
- Six sigma application.
- Must be able to use microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Learning & Career Opportunities:
- Project management professional PMP.
- SAP maintenance implementation.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning