Job Title: Android Software Engineer
- Build and translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code (in Android)
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- At least 2 years experience building Android applications
- You are curious about how things work
- Must have published at least one original Android app (provide app link or apk)
- Experience in JSON,XML and interfacing Android applications to server side API's
- Experience with system performance optimizations
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with compiler optimization and code generation
- Experience consuming Google map APIs and a deep understanding of GPS technology
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- An excellent understanding of best practices for networking, concurrency and threading
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- At least four years engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile Methodologies
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience using mBaaS such as Kinvey
- Experience building APIs and Webhooks
- Deep knowledge of mobile frontend development
- Experience using Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform and playing a sysAdmin role
- Experience working in a startup.
20th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title - ANDROID ENGINEER APPLICATION - [YOUR NAME].
- Also introduce yourself, tell us why you want to work with us, add links to projects you have worked on and attach a one page resume.