Job Title: Sustainability Manager
Manage, monitor and report the Bank’s activities and procedures to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of the Nigeria Sustainability Banking Principles, namely:
- E& S Management System for Business Activities
- E&S Footprint Management for Business Operations
- Human Rights
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Financial Inclusion
- E&S Governance
- Capacity Building
- Collaborative Partnerships and
- Oversee the co-ordination of the Sustainability Working Group to collate the required data across the Bank to prepare the regulatory returns to the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Support the Group Sustainability team to meet the requirements of the Group Key Control Standards (KCS) as part of the Operational Risk Framework.
- Engage with the Brand team, internal business teams and support functions to further develop and deliver the Bank's Sustainability strategy aligned with the Bank's Here for Good brand promise.
- Ensure that the Bank's Sustainability strategy is articulated to internal and external stakeholders through key communication channels.
- Report the progress made regarding the Bank’s Sustainability Strategy to the Management Team and the Board.
- Keep key stakeholders up to date on progress against key milestones.
- Give direction towards the achievement of the Bank’s Sustainability Strategy, in line with the Group’s Sustainability goals and objectives.
- Ensure the departmental heads are kept informed of industry developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient sustainability function.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited as directed by the senior management.
- Minimum of a second class degree from a reputable university.
- A Master’s degree or professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in Environmental and Social Risk Management.
- Good working knowledge of the Nigeria Sustainability Banking Principles of the CBN.
- Demonstrated experience managing networks and delivering programmes within diverse international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder relationships and strong understanding of sustainability and corporate community investment.
- Excellent writing, communication (including public speaking), and project management skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels within an organisation, including executive level engagement.
- Commercial and pragmatic approach, dedicated to operational excellence.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Experience working in or with the markets where the Bank operates across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.