Job Title: State Program Manager
- The State Program Manager (SPM) will be responsible for the development, contracting, implementation and close-out of a portfolio of activities at the state-level.
- The SPM will work with Abuja-based Program Development staff, NERI Senior Management, and community stakeholders to identify, prioritize and design activities that will respond to community development priorities in order to further the objectives of the NERI project.
- The SPM, working with state-level grants and implementation staff, will be charged with oversight of project activities to ensure that all tasks are completed within timeframe and budget parameters defined during project design.
- The SPM will be tasked with the programmatic and administrative closeout of all activities, including final reporting, disbursement of funding (in concert with finance staff) and disposition of any project inventory.
- The SPM will serve as the main point of contact for state-level actors and community stakeholders to ensure that all activities fit within a strategic and coherent portfolio.
- The SPM will be expected to regularly report to Program Development and Grants staff and receive management and guidance from NERI Senior Management.
- The SPM will be expected to liaise with various levels of stakeholders, including government officials, civil society organizations and community actors; the selected candidate must be able to maintain good relations with all associated parties.
- This position will be based at Borno State (north eastern Nigeria,) with frequent coordination visits to Abuja.
- Responsible general oversight of a portfolio of state-level projects.
- In concert with program development staff and senior management, advice on programmatic design of new projects, monitor implementation to ensure timely completion and adherence to budget and administrative and programmatic closeout throughout the state-level.
- Work alongside Government of Nigeria (GoN) officials, community stakeholders and civil society actors to ensure coherent and strategic programming as part of a unified project endeavor
- Serve as the focal point for all state-level programming and ensure that the GoN and communities are informed of the objectives and purpose
- In coordination with Community Development Facilitators, establish community-level project oversight committees to ensure community buy-in of activities.
- Help set up transparent management and oversight mechanisms and work to incorporate as wide a range of project beneficiaries, GoN and other important stakeholders as possible
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in a related field is required.
- Five years’ experience in grants management with international donor programs is required.
- Experience in working with communities to implement grassroots development projects.
- Prior experience with internationally-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and the ability to function well in a team.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa or any of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
21st November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities and
- A cover letter
- Send to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.