Job Title: STTA Procurement Assistant
- The Procurement Specialist (Assistant) is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office.
- The scope of the position includes but is not limited to completing procurement-related paperwork, collecting quotations for goods and services, entering procurement information into the project database, managing inventory and conducting spot checks, completing inventory receipts and preparing payment requests.
- This position will be based in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states.
- Travel may be required.
- Apply procurement and cost-competition principles and bids received for goods and services.
- Ensure appropriate procurement actions and checks and balances for all procurement –related functions
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, procure goods and services for program and operational functions.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to developed procurement systems
- Supply goods and services to project sites in compliance with project requirements
- Ensure up-to-date and complete procurement files for all vendors for both operational and procurement supplies
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, ensure that all goods and service procurement actions conform to internationally accepted procurement best practices and Nigerian law
- Assist in regular procurement system audits and regularly review and verify market prices for standard items
- Maintaining a comprehensive vendor database
- Assist Finance staff with the budget reviews and monitoring against expenditures
- Uploading and Management of data on all NRTI procurement systems such as PEX, CIDS and IDMS Other duties as assigned
- University Degree is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in procurement/logistics including contracts and service agreements
- Thorough knowledge of internationally accepted procurement best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and vendors is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
24th November, 2016.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates MUST submit the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV. A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities and a cover letter
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.