Job Title: AUT (NDE) Supervisor
The holder of the position shall in particular:
- Ensure that the required technical competence in NDE works is maintained by Contractor / Subcontractor at the Worksite.
- Be abreast of all standard and contract regulations as they affect the execution of welding, piping works, and to participate in evaluation and analysis of problems and their resolution.
- Carry out regular inspections and audits of plant facilities to ensure NDE works achievement.
- Ensure that the resources and organisation of the Contractor / Subcontractor are sufficient with regard to the workload regarding NDE.
- Ensure that the documentation related to NDE at the Worksite is properly filed by Contractor / Subcontractor which shall be provided as part of the as-built documentation.
- Reviewing and approving relevant NDE documents. This includes typically NDE specifications / procedures / qualifications reports, etc ... in particular AUT (Automated Ultrasonic Testing).
- Participating on NDE qualification, in particular AUT
- Verifying the NDE Operators qualifications and certifications.
- Monitoring performance of NDE in terms of quality and frequency, ensuring conformity with relevant specifications and codes
- Ensuring that Contractor maintains accurate NDE records throughout the contractual period
- Organizing and conducting process audits for his field of activity
- Reporting to the QC coordinator / Welding Engineer / Construction Superintendant on a regular basis, and to Project’s Management upon request
- Supporting the UFR Site team and proposing technical solutions / way forward in case of unexpected difficulties during the WORK execution on Site.
- Be in charge of surveillance on Contractor / Subcontractor’s NDE works for the pipes including certification file, precommissioning (as required), punch list and progress measurement (procedure and validation), and to provide advice to Contractor / Subcontractor inspectors regarding related problems.
- Education to HND level in an Engineering discipline or experienced technician with minimum of 10 years experiences in the oil and gas industry,
- Minimum 15 years of experience associated with Non Destructive Examination, minimum 5 years experience on automated ultrasonic testing (AUT)
- Qualification level III on UT and level II on RT and MPI as per ISO 9712
- Formal training in the time of flight diffraction techniques and automated ultrasonic testing.
- Good knowledge of technical referential and HSE Golden Rules. Good knowledge of welding processes.
- Very good knowledge of material and equipment. Familiarity with Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier documentation i.e. QCP/ITP, Construction / Fabrication Dossiers, Material Certification, Quality Records etc.
- Team oriented, good communication, motivational, coordination and delegation skills.
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production
Location: Port Harcourt