The four-year Andela Technology Leadership Program is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela fellows into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Team Lead, Software Testing
- As a Team Lead, Software Testing, you will primarily work under the Technology & Learning department building advanced automated test suites to exercise our internal applications.
- You will work with the Technology team to automate testing, create new test harnesses, implement new automation tools, and create innovative automated test systems that monitor the health of all Andela production systems.
- You will be a key contributor to delivering bug free software products that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- You will also use patterns of cognitive apprenticeship to manage Andela apprentices towards efficient and productive contributions of work and development of professional capacities.
- You will work with the Learning & Development team to help develop a curriculum for Testing/Quality Assurance.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design an automation test harness geared toward maintainability
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Analyze the specifications and business purpose of applications and test the system from a functional and user experience perspective
- Identify test scenarios, correlate them to business requirements, and report on percentage of functionality been tested
- Prioritize defects accurately based on impact on business goals
- You must be able to code; this role encompasses much more than manual testing: python, ruby, SQL, shell scripting
- Mentor entry-level testers willing to become world-class
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
- Define the curriculum for Testing/Quality Assurance expertise at different levels of the Andela Fellowship
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2-5 years experience in Software Quality Assurance or Software Test Engineering
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on automation design and scripting experience
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience with performance, scalability and security testing
- Experience with Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Postman, IDE’s or other common testing tools
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.