Job Title: Technical Advisor - Field Services
- Provide technical support to Railroad with regards to maintenance of Diesel Electric locomotives.
- Over and above the day to day responsibilities, the TA shall support Railroad with equipment diagnosis, as well as provide direction on maintenance and troubleshooting tasks and parts replacement.
- We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
- Provide technical direction in an advisory capacity to railroad hourly, management and employees.
- Provide clear direction on maintenance and troubleshooting tasks including all appropriate documentation.
- Interpret and ensure adherence to GE work scopes and MI’s.
- Administer locomotive warranty material through troubleshooting, inspection and validation.
- Manage warranty material inventory stock and replenishment.
- Encourage and maintain safe work environment
- Responsible for compliance with local regulations and specific local customer safety and HSE/EHSpolicies.
- Provide feedback to other GE teams for updates to work scopes, engineering practices, component quality and functionality, design changes and shop processes.
- Secondary education in Engineering or applicable technical training or primary education together with 5 years applicable experience in industrial operation
- Willingness to work various shifts, various days.
- Experience and proficiency with a PC, email as well as Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work in railroad locomotive shop environment
- Professional demeanor and appearance representing GE Transportation to multiple customers.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required for Nigerians only. (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.
- Technical experience in a maintenance or production environment.
- Rail industry knowledge and work experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective team contributor and member.